By Swati Solanki*
- Dilip Saha, Global Product Management & Enterprise Digital Transformation Leader, Robert Bosch
- Venkat Maroju, CEO, SourceTrace
- Ajay Raorane, Asst. Vice President – Digital Printing, Domino Printech India LLP
- Priyank Vasa, Development and Strategy Director, Unick Fix-a-Form & Printers Limited
- Ashish Anand, Technical Director, Linksmart Technologies
- Dinesh Pilgaokar, Sr. Vice President, Barcode India
- Mohit Agarwal, General Demand, Distribution & Channel Management, Janssen (J&J) Pharmaceutical Company
- P S Easwaran, Partner and Leader, Supply Chain, Deloitte India (Moderator)
The webinar helps understand how traceability works, and what it holds for the future? And whether supply chain digitization is sufficient?
There were various important points raised during this webinar some of which are as follows.
- Credible Traceability – Ecosystem partner together makes it all – Role of printing equipment vendors?
- Understanding broad expectations of Label/Packaging Converters for deployable Non-clone Solution
- What it truly means by being Non-clone and making these readily adoptable by industry-at-large and last mile customers as well?
- Credible Traceability in Agri/Food/Automotive sectors whether driven by regulation or market demand?
- BlockChain Alright – But physical layer of supply chain remains unsecured in requirement of Non-clone copy-proof QR/GS1 codes?
- Whether Non-clone Printing can be made as simple as traditional printing but sophisticated such as to prevent unofficial print of originals in connivance?
- Significant hidden cost of traditional clone codes causing futile ground investigations draining budget quickly and further impacts in view of COVID necessitating automation in-addition to digitization
Ashish Anand, Technical Director, Linksmart Technologies concluded that we should automate all the process and tightly control the supply chain. There should be complete digitalization.
Dilip Saha, Global Product Management & Enterprise Digital Transformation Leader, Robert Bosch pointed out that the internal process must be taken care of; to make a system really efficient you centre of attraction should be technology not the people which make it more sustainable.
Ajay Raorane, Asst. Vice President – Digital Printing, Domino Printech India LLP said that printing and packaging partners and brand owners need to engage with and understand each other.
Venkat Maroju, CEO, SourceTrace recommended that every industry should improve their infrastructure otherwise there would be big disruption that leads to hazards.
* The writer can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org