“Thai Halal Food” Certified under Islamic Principles by Islamic Organizations,
Elevating Consumers’ Confidence with COVID-Safety Production
“Thai Halal food” is the major export product for over 2,000 million Muslim consumers worldwide and more than 7 million people are in Thailand. Thai Halal food also includes fresh fruits and vegetables, seafood, frozen food and processed food products, with the increasing growth rate in exports every year.
The COVID-19 pandemic has led consumers worldwide to unprecedented concerns over their health and well-being. Still, “Thai Halal food” can reassure Muslim consumers with the strict production process adhered to the Islamic principles on ingredients, cultivation, manufacturing procedure and employee practices to ensure the food meets halal criteria. Thai Halal food is certified by The Central Islamic Council of Thailand(CICOT) acting as the certifying body for Thai Halal food in accordance with the Islamic Organization Administration Act B.E. 2540. Besides, the manufacturing process also meets international standards, namely, Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP), andGood Manufacturing Practice (GMP), providing hygienic and nutritional quality for Muslim consumers as well as consumers around the world. In addition, Thai halal food has gained trust and is well-accepted among OIC countries, especially UAE and Saudi Arabia.
In response to the New Normal lifestyle, Thai Halal food also adopts COVID-19 Prevention Best Practice to ensure that Halal food manufacturers, exporters, business operators and ingredient suppliers conform to the following safety standard guidelines for hygienic and sanitary food production.
Reduce the risk of contamination from ingredients and containers
Business operators and suppliers in ingredients shipping to Halal factory must control access to the premises, screen and manage employee data as well as data on the freight vehicles, ensure surface cleaning of the freight vehicles after each use, while employees need to wear a mask at all times to prevent contamination
2. Strict production control
Halalmanufacturing facilities must implement quality and safety controls throughout the production line, from receiving ingredients, storing in cold storage room, processing and packingin compliance with Halal dietary requirements, GMP and HACCP. Besides, employees must keep personal hygiene at all times.
3. ControlPersonal Hygiene and Work Environment at Manufacturing Building
– Location and Manufacturing Building: The entrance and exit must be controlled while the manufacturing building, meeting room, cafeteria, changing room and toilets should be properly maintained.
– Sanitation: The personal hygiene equipment must be readily available at the work station including a hand washing sink, liquid soap, disinfectant, disposable paper towels andauto lid pedal waste bins, with the clear instructions provided.
– Cleaning: Strictly clean and disinfect the machinery, manufacturing buildings, floors, walls, as well as common areas which are prone to contact such as door knobs, handrails, elevator buttons, chairs, dining tables, etc., in an appropriate frequency.
– Personal Hygiene of Workers: Workers must be screened daily before entering the building and be collected for information to trace back. They must wear a mask at all times. They are also required to wear gloves, wash hands, maintain social distancing and prevent any contaminations during operation.
– Training: Employees are trained to protect themselves from COVID–19 including temperature checking, wearing a mask, social distancing, cleaning and disinfecting, as well as reducing congestion, in order toensure that their workplace is COVID–19 secure.
“Thailand” is the major exporter of Halal food with the hygienic manufacturing practices that consumers worldwide can trust from upstream to downstream production process, certified by Islamic organizations. Thailand also offers a wide variety of Halal food products, including fresh fruits and vegetable, beverage, snacks and healthy food that consumers purchase conveniently with high level of comfort in response to their New Normal way of life.