Cedar Rapids, Iowa, USA: With a dairy heritage dating back to 1880, Evergreen Packaging Equipment is celebrating 140 years in business. John Cherry developed the first insulated cream can. At a similar time, David Burrell introduced the first American centrifugal cream separator. The two would merge their businesses and form the Cherry-Burrell Corporation. Many years later, its name would change to Evergreen Packaging Equipment. The company maintained its dairy focus through many owners, name changes, and even the manufacture of military parts during World War II.
Entry into the manufacture of gable top packaging equipment began in 1966. As needs of processors evolve, Evergreen continues to provide fresh packaging solutions with state-of-the-art gable top filling equipment for refrigerated dairy, juice, liquid eggs, and other liquid food products. Available for standard pasteurized, ESL (Extended Shelf Life), and ELL® (Extended Long Life) applications, a broad machine portfolio fills cartons from 4 ounce up to half-gallon (150ml up to two liter), at speeds from 50 up to 340 cartons per minute in various cross-sections. Highly skilled technical staff and genuine OEM parts support all Evergreen filling machines worldwide.
General Manager, Gary Nissen, would like to thank processors for their continued business partnership, and ensure them of Evergreen’s ongoing commitment to the industries served.