The ultimate libation challenge begins as the English-inspired bar launches their brand-new 4-week mixology competition series, “The Wellesbourne Classic” sponsored by Patrón Tequila. The competition seeks bartenders who are at the forefront of cocktail artistry and are imaginative with pairing ingredients.
Beginning April 30 – every Tuesday through May 21, eight local mixologists will test their stills to prove they are the ultimate cocktail king or queen as they compete to win a trip for two at the Hacienda Patrón in Atotonilco El Alto, Jalisco, Mexico, to have their signature cocktail added to The Wellesbourne’s esteemed cocktail menu and the to be a judge in the next “The Wellesbourne Classic.”
The battle kicks off Tuesday, April 30 as the competitors from Broken Shaker, Melrose, Toca Madiera, The Wellesbourne and TomTom Bar will take the stage to craft a signature cocktail featuring that weeks’ sponsored liquor. Each unique cocktail will be graded by a panel of judges who will critique the competitors’ creations and award points based on flavor profile, imagination, appearance, bartender flare and use of ingredients.
A round of Patrón Tequila shots will be handed out to the most enthusiastic crowd and the entire audience will receive a taste of each competitors cocktail to help cheer on their favorite bartender.
- Winner receives 2-night trip two at the Hacienda Patrón in Atotonilco El Alto, Jalisco Mexico, sponsored by Patrón Tequila.
- Will have their signature cocktail added to The Wellesbourne’s esteemed cocktail menu.
- Will be an official judge of the next “The Wellesbourne Classic” competition.
- Winner receives a one-night stay in Patrón Tequila’s Beach House in Hermosa Beach, California.
- Winner receives a swag bag featuring sponsors gifts and a personalized engraved Patrón Tequila bottle.
“The Wellesbourne Classic” is designed to be executed as an annual event, scheduled to take place every spring.