The Training Workshop “Legal Metrology Act & Packaged Commodities Rules and Mandatory Declarations? June 28th, 2018 at Mumbai, features the guest speaker, Shri. B. K. Zavare, Hon’ble Asst. Controller – Legal Metrology, Mumbai Region, Mumbai.
There is a lot of confusion and lack of clarity after the recent amendment introduced in the LM Act. Industries are facing a lot of challenges in their business, and this training workshop is designed to provide detail information on “Legal Metrology Act & Packaged Commodities Rules and Mandatory Declarations on Label, Advertisement, TVC & E-commerce.
- Introduction and overview.
- Labeling enforcement in India, laws & rules that govern labeling of Packaged Commodities, different enforcement agencies, how it is enforced.
- General requirements of labeling, labeling of pre-packaged commodities, labeling of the retail package, wholesale/multi-piece packages, value package, small packages, exemptions, the manner of declarations, location, size, font, colours, principal display panel,
- Offence by companies, nominations, compounding of offences, fines, and penalties, adjudication for “misbranded” food, criminal prosecutions, judgment of the high court and Supreme Court of India.
- Q & A.
After attending this seminar, you will be able to:
- Understand all the mandatory requirements for labeling of various Packaged Commodities, Advertisement, TVC, & E-commerce portal.
- Develop, review and suggest correction on a label of food, non-food product, and E-commerce portal. Identify and rectify any misleading information on the label.
- Defend any false allegation regarding misbranding, misleading and non-conformance in the product label and E-commerce portal.
- Legal Metrology Act, 2009.
- Legal Metrology (Package Commodities) Rules, 2011.
- Legal Metrology (Packaged Commodities) Amendment Rules, 2017.
- Judgments of High Court and Supreme Court of India.
For registration and contact visit the link “Legal Metrology Act & Packaged Commodities Rules and Mandatory Declarations