The Fi India & Hi Expo by UBM India – the only B2B event in the Indian sub-continent for the food & health ingredients, and processing & packaging industry – will take place for the first time at the India Expo Mart, Greater Noida, from August 30 to September 1, 2018.
The Fi India & Hi Expo will be co-located with the newly launched ProPak India, catering to India’s ever-growing processing and packaging industries. It annually rotates between India’s two unique and promising food hubs – Mumbai and Delhi-NCR.
With over 200 exhibitors from prominent organizations like Doehler, Brenntag, Keva, IMCD, Synthite, Jubilant Life Sciences, Calpro, Tata Chemicals, DKSH, Azelis (choose three very important ones- maybe one Indian and two foreign?) will participate this year. The expo is well-supported by the Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MOFPI), All India Food Processors’ Association (AIFPA), Health Foods and Dietary Supplements Association (HADSA), Association of Food Scientists & Technologists, India (AFSTI) and The Society Of Indian Baker (SIB). The visitor profile will include industry professionals associated with Manufacturing, Distribution, and Retail of Food and Beverage products, Research and Development, Food Safety and Quality Services, Education/Training, Consultancy, and Microbiology, among others.
Speaking on the announcement of Fi India & Hi 2018, Mr. Yogesh Mudras, Managing Director, UBM India said, “An integrated platform like Fi India & Hi aims to highlight the huge wastage of food products, due to gaps in awareness, technology, and infrastructure, with a host of innovative and informative features that will help professionals stay ahead of the learning curve -including from the Pre-Connect Congress, focusing on Nutritional Science & Functional Food and on the newly implemented FSSAI regulations that will affect the industry manufacturers, and the Live Quality Labs onsite, among others.”
With a rich legacy of 13 years, Fi India will once again feature three days of free, on-site seminars on food and health ingredients. The seminars, organized in alliance with a variety of Indian associations, will cover both technical developments and market trends. Additionally, live demonstrations will give the audience a better experience, newer ideas and useful tips on the actual applications of the food products used.
Day 1 will feature sessions on ‘Technologies Available for Commercialisation in Indian Institutes’; ‘Healthy Living and Authenticity: The Novel Concept in Foods in India’; ‘Innovative policies for Indian Food Processing Sector’ and ‘Advantages of Encapsulation Technologies in Foods and Beverages’ and a Bakery Workshop that will throw light on ‘Varieties of Bread’ and ‘Cookie Improver’.
Day 2 will see discussions pertaining to ‘Monk Fruit Emerging as a Unique Solution for Natural Calorie and Sugar Reduction’; ‘Cross-Culinary Trends Across the World’; ‘Food & Health Ingredients – Indian Dynamics’; ‘Food fortified by Nutrition and its growth pattern’; ‘Successful Pattern of Indian Ingredients Market’ and ‘Challenges & Opportunities of StartUps in Nutra Industry’. There will also be a Live Demo of Middle Eastern Desserts among others.
Other Novel Highlights This Year:
- The Pre-Connect Congress, a two-day summit on August 28-29 in New Delhi on Nutritional Science and Functional Food will focus on the newly implemented FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India) regulations that will affect the industry manufacturers and how to ensure compliance of their existing and new products.
- Live Quality Labs will have a designated area for conducting tests for common adulterants in milk, water, edible oil and other items of daily consumption. This is to build awareness around food safety, hygiene and promoting healthy eating habits in citizens.
- Food Safety on Wheels by FSSAI: The testing of food for hygiene, authenticity, and safety is important to build trust in consumers. Going by this principle, FSSAI will have their mobile vans placed on the show floor for awareness building around food safety and hygiene as well as for conducting training for food handlers and supervisors in food businesses.
- Discovery Tour: The third-party experts will navigate the guided tours to discover how leading companies are responding to innovations in the Food & Beverage industry. The tours will highlight ingredients you can trust, healthier alternatives & going natural.
- Products Showcase: Experience the new trends by Innova Marketing Insights and explore a selection of new ingredients for the food and beverage industry.